Today we welcome back Ian Anderson Gray, our Chief Executive Research Dude, to talk about ditching perfectionism, taking chances, having fun and calling it marketing!
In This Episode We Talk About
- Why you can’t let perfectionism interfere with trying new marketing ideas
- How to stop overthinking your marketing, get past your perceived barriers and just get started
- Whether or not you should be worrying about how many likes, shares, fans, plusses and other “numbers” your content generates
- What Google’s “accuracy algorithm” can mean for the future of search
- The sad state of technology reporting
- And more about making customers happy, building real community and having fun!
Links & Resources
- Follow Ian on Twitter @iagdotme
- Circle Ian and get in on some of the great conversations he starts over at Google Plus
- Read the amazingly thorough 7 Reasons NOT to use Sprout Social
- Read the hilarious How to become a Social Media Guru in 20 Steps
- Check out Ian’s Google Plus thread about Empire Avenue and the ethics of social currency
- Read Google’s brief discussing the accuracy algorithm: Knowledge-Based Trust: Estimating the Trustworthiness of Web Sources
- Listen to Ian sing Baritone
- Visit SuperFred Tammie Rampley’s Etsy shop, Tramplee Designs, for an awesome selection of hand made purses and bags, and get in touch with Tammie to find out how she can create something perfect just for you
- Check out some of my latest Instagram photos to see the only Hello Kitty bag on the planet just like mine
- Get some great advice from Mike Brooks of Nuclear Chowder Marketing on setting up a home studio to record YOUR video
- Don’t tell anyone about the singing on our guest appearance on the Superheroes of Marketing podcast
Your Marketing Action Item
From Ian: Go and publish something spontaneously… now! Grab your smart phone and post a video to Vine, Instagram or YouTube, write a quick blog post, create a quick list with List.ly of things you want to share with people. Ignore the perceived barriers and have fun.
Where To Listen
Subscribe below to be notified whenever we publish new content and to stay in the loop on some new podcasts and other fun stuff that’s coming up.