Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/forge/www.websearchsocial.com/public/wp-content/plugins/fanciest-author-box/includes/ts-fab-construct-tabs.php on line 94
If you’ve got a business then you’ve got a brand and a visual identity whether you’ve thought much about it or not. But what exactly is your brand? And what about that elusive “visual identity”? And why can’t you get a logo for $5?
Those are just a few of the things we discuss today as we talk to Dave Walker, a designer who works on everything from book covers to brochures and understands the true power and value of a good design.
In This Episode We Talk About
- The difference between branding and visual identity
- Where your logo fits into the equation
- Why you can’t get a logo for $5 even if you really, really want to
- Why your logo file type matters
- The importance of consistency in branding and how that can translate to new customers
- What it means to create a “look and feel” for your company
- How good design can instill a sense of quality – for better or worse
- Plus more about what design is, isn’t and why it’s NOT about the software
Links & Resources
- Find Dave and a portfolio of his work on his website at dwalkerdesign.com
- Find him on Facebook at facebook.com/dwalkerdesign
- Read The $5 Logo by Sacha Greif, who tested the veracity of Fiverr
- Read What Kind of Logo Do You Get for $5?, Sacha’s follow up to his fascinating discovery of what happens when you try to buy a logo for $5
Your Marketing Action Item
From Dave: Take stock of all your marketing pieces – lay them out in front of you and see if they are consistent. Does it look the same? Does it look good? How does it make you feel? If it’s not so great, think about how you can streamline and make everything work together, one small piece at a time.
Where To Listen
Subscribe below to be notified whenever we publish new content and to stay in the loop on some new podcasts and other fun stuff that’s coming up.