Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/forge/www.websearchsocial.com/public/wp-content/plugins/fanciest-author-box/includes/ts-fab-construct-tabs.php on line 94
It’s Freduary! No, we didn’t forget the spellchecker. While the rest of the world goes about their business this February, we here at the Web.Search.Social Marketing Podcast are going to be celebrating Freduary.
Well, it’s an entire month dedicated to all things SuperFred. And if you don’t know what a SuperFred is – or I should say who a SuperFred is, then you’ll have to listen in and join the army.
With special thanks to SuperFred Colleen Conger for kicking us off. It was her brilliant idea and we just ran with it. You’ll find all her links below and I encourage you to connect with her because she’s smart, fun, kind and has a sense of humor that will surprise and delight you.
There are also some additional notes below about some of the things we discussed that took on a life of their own after the mics were turned off. We may come back to some of them in our next episodes but we wanted to keep you in the loop in the meantime.
Welcome to Freduary! Send your messages and tweets tagged with #superfred and we’ll be sure to connect!
In This Episode We Talk About
- What Freduary is, who SuperFreds are and why we’re celebrating
- Why we decided that content curation isn’t a marketing tactic for us and isn’t one that we recommend to our clients or audience
- What we DO recommend instead
- What it means to be an “influencer” and why it may not be what you think
- How to connect with people online and build an audience of superfans even if you’re just starting out and don’t feel like you know anyone
- What we think of a new tool that lets you place a popup with a call to action on websites that don’t belong to you
- What it takes be “be awesome” online and why it matters
- Plus we add “pixel alchemist” and “elixir of goodness” to our vocabularies, tell a story of meeting our very own “online celebrity” for the first time and make the global, exclusive announcement of the title and release date of the first episode of Alisa Meredith’s new podcast!
Links & Resources
If you message or tweet them, add the hashtag #superfred so they know you’re part of the army!
- Visit and follow Colleen Conger, the official Chief Executive Friend Manager of the Web.Search.Social Marketing Podcast. Colleen is the mastermind behind the idea of Freduary.
- Visit and follow SuperFred Krithika Rangarajan (also known as Kit Rodgers). She inspired us to talk about superfans and what it means to be and connect with “influencers” online
- Visit and follow Ian Anderson Gray, the official Chief Executive Research Dude of the Web.Search.Social Marketing Podcast. He inspired a conversation about content co-opting that has since mushroomed into quite a debate. If you want to find him on more social networks than we can list here, just go to his website below!
- Visit and follow SuperFred Tammie Rampley. She is now an official NEW titled SuperFred but we’re not announcing her official title until next week. As a fellow Hello Kitty fan, she’s also rumored to be hand crafting a Hello Kitty purse.
- Save the date! Wednesday March 4 marks the official release date of Superheroes of Marketing, Alisa Meredith and Kelly Kranz’s new podcast.
- After we talked about a tool called snip.ly a lot happened!
- Start by checking out what snip.ly does.
- Grab a serious cup of coffee and a snack if you want to catch up on the conversation that happened over at Google Plus
- If you’re not into the idea of someone using snip.ly on your site you can download the free snip.ly buster plugin developed by the team at Warfare Plugins to prevent it.
- While you’re there, take a look at their Social Warfare sharing plugin. We just started using it here and it’s the best one we’ve tried.
- Thank the team for their hard work.
More Other Stuff
And while you’re there, we’d love an honest rating and review. You, our SuperFreds have kept us going, provided inspiration and pointed out the places where we could improve. Keep it coming, we appreciate you!
Where To Listen
Subscribe below to be notified whenever we publish new content and to stay in the loop on some new podcasts and other fun stuff that’s coming up.