Listen to this episode.
It’s a banner day on the Web.Search.Social Marketing Podcast! On this episode we talk with Ian Anderson Gray, a SuperFred with an official Web.Search.Social title, otherwise known as our Chief Executive Research Dude. And Ian doesn’t disappoint. He not only brings real research to bear on the conversation but he inspires us to be authentic (and successful!) on social media.
In This Episode We Talk About
- What you should – and shouldn’t – be talking about on social media (and where politics falls on the spectrum)
- How to be your authentic self and why that doesn’t mean that you need to be the same person on every network
- Whether a Facebook personal profile or a business page is the best place to do business
- Why you need to automate while recognizing the dark side of automation
- Plus we ask tough questions like, “Should you be positive online?” and “Is it ok to accept a LinkedIn invitation from everyone?”
Links & Resources
- Follow SuperFred and recovering content curator Brett Cohrs on Twitter, and thank him for helping us achieve our goal of world domination (and leaving the marketing status quo behind)
- Visit Ian’s website and get his take on social media (plus connect with him from there on about a billion social networks)
- Find him on his favorite social network, Twitter
- Find Ian on Google Plus
- Read Ian’s article 6 Answers to Common Social Media Questions
- Visit SoundCloud to listen to Ian’s amazing baritone
- Try Friends Plus Me to share on Google Plus
- Check out Commun.it to help manage your Twitter following and engagement
Your Marketing Action Item
Learn to use Twitter lists! Think about how you can segment your followers (or even people who don’t follow you) so you can connect more effectively. Try Ian’s idea: create a list for prospects, customers and influencers.
Where To Listen
Subscribe below to be notified whenever we publish new content and to stay in the loop on some new podcasts and other fun stuff that’s coming up.