After Monday’s doozie of an episode, we kept this one short and light. We talk about movies, podcasts and throw in a little bit of marketing, too. Take a deep breath and have some fun with us!
In This Episode We Talk About
- Whether podcasting is for losers
- The importance of narrowing your audience rather than widening it
- A scam going around asking people to pay for website backups they didn’t ask for
- Plus we remind you to send us your comments, thoughts and questions using the hash tag #WSSup so our #SuperFred Jillian Jackson, Chief Executive of Everything, can collect them and pass them along to us to talk about on future episodes
Links & Resources
- Learn about the movie Tusk at IMDB
- Learn about the movie Eat at IMDB
- Listen to the Superheroes of Marketing podcast (as soon as they get a new mixer)
- Visit websitebackup.com if you want to see the legitimate-looking website covering up a scam – and no, we’re not dignifying them with a link!
Your Marketing Action Item
From Carol Lynn: Look at your credit card statements and check for any small amounts that you didn’t authorize. Look for any amount you did authorize but is perhaps for a service you don’t use anymore, then cancel it! And be sure never to pay any bills received via email or even postal mail unless you know exactly what it’s for. When in doubt, ask.
From Ralph: Join a local networking group in real life and get out into the world. But first, visit with different groups to find one that fits you best. And when you do join, make sure you engage in social events so you can ditch the business suits and have some fun.
Where To Listen
Subscribe below to be notified whenever we publish new content and to stay in the loop on some new podcasts and other fun stuff that’s coming up.