Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/forge/www.websearchsocial.com/public/wp-content/plugins/fanciest-author-box/includes/ts-fab-construct-tabs.php on line 94
It’s a Super Freduary episode today as we’re joined by Melanie Kissell, the Poet Laureate Consultant in Poetry to the Web.Search.Social Marketing Podcast and the very first SuperFred to receive an official title.
When it comes to poetry, Melanie doesn’t disappoint. She has graced more than a few of our posts and podcasts with a rhyme or two and we’re going to be collecting them for your reading pleasure soon, so stay tuned. In the meantime you can scan the comments section of most of our recent posts and you’re bound to find one.
It’s an entire month dedicated to all things SuperFred. And if you don’t know what a SuperFred is – or I should say who a SuperFred is, then you’ll have to listen in and join the army.
Enjoy Freduary with us! Send your messages and tweets tagged with #superfred and we’ll be sure to connect!
In This Episode We Talk About
- Some feedback we received on last week’s conversation with the founder of social media tool Snip.ly plus a few more reasons why we’re not fans
- The difference between “being sorry” and a genuine apology
- Why automation can wreck havoc with your online social strategy
- The importance of remembering that there are actual human beings on the other end of your social status updates
- Why you should run the other way whenever someone gives you a marketing “rule”
- Plus more good stuff to look forward to and some really fun things our friends are up to that can help you with your business and marketing. And Brussels Sprouts.
Links & Resources
If you message or tweet them, add the hashtag #superfred so they know you’re part of the army!
- Find Melanie Kissell on her website at melaniekissell.com and ask her to “make you look good” for your clients and prospects
- Follow Jon Westenberg on Twitter who contributed more food for though to the snip.ly conversation
- Opt out of snip.ly if you don’t want people using it on your site
- Check out 30 Ways to Bloom Your Online Relationships: Say No to the Glorification of More and Deepen Your Existing Connections Instead. It’s a project run by Téa Silvestre Godfrey with 30 days of lessons and challenges and it’s available in paperback and Kindle versions
- Also check out Butter and Beast: Inspirational Stories & Recipes to Feed the Entrepreneurial Mind, Body & Soul. Another of Téa Silvestre’s projects, this one is a collection of stories by entrepreneurs and tied into recipes. All the profits from this book go to support The National Alliance for the Mentally Ill. Plus you’ll get my story and recipe for arroz con pollo!
- Read Jay Acunzo’s All The Weird Things Business People Do On Twitter which is both hilarious and frighteningly true
- Schedule a call or Skype with Ralph and share your thoughts or ask your questions
- Visit superheroesofmarketing.com and get in line to hear the first episode on March 4th
- Check out Cynthia Sanchez’s Pinterest for Business lessons on lynda.com
Your Marketing Action Item
From Melanie: Pick someone in your existing network and reach out to deepen the relationship. Send them a note to say hello, to let them know you’re thinking of them, to share a thought or idea. Get creative! Send an image collage or a video then see what happens. Challenge yourself to reach out to someone once a week.
From Ralph: Dig out an invoice for your monthly web or marketing service and then call you developer or marketing company and ask them to tell you what you’re paying for, what you’re getting and what you can expect. Make sure you understand what you’re paying for and why.
From Carol Lynn: Find a rule, any rule that you’ve heard about email marketing, social marketing, seo, blogging – anything at all – and email it to [email protected]. Share you’re opinion of the rule and we’ll share ours in return.
Where To Listen
Subscribe below to be notified whenever we publish new content and to stay in the loop on some new podcasts and other fun stuff that’s coming up.