If you don’t know Janet E. Johnson yet then you’re in for a treat. She hosts her own video podcast called Social Media Hangout Time but it’s not just any old podcast – it’s a podcast with a puppet! What better way to make social media lessons memorable than to tell them with a little… panache?
Janet knows more than puppets, though. She’s a social media whiz who gets real about strategy and results. Just the kind of thing we love to talk about! Tune in for great advice and a good time, too.
In This Episode We Talk About
- The best way to deal with the inevitable technology snafus that happen when you’re doing a hangout, webinar, video or producing other live content
- The increasing importance of video in your social strategy and what you need to be doing to make it effective
- Why you can’t expect a real social media return without an ad budget
- How to be successful with social media without curating content and even without directly promoting your business
- When it’s time to hire a professional to help or guide you
- And more about using social media to your advantage even if all you’ve got to share is a photo of a paint splotch on a wall
Links & Resources
- Visit Janet’s website for info about her services and links to all of her social profiles
- Watch Janet and Kimmy the Puppet talk social media on Social Media Hangout Time (Click on “blog” on the menu to get to the shows – you may want to check out episodes 34 and 37 in particular!)
- Show some love to Lisa Saline, the very strong bicep and voice behind Kimmy the Puppet – shoot her a hello on Twitter and visit her website
- Get Janet’s free content guide to growing your business through social media
- Get in on Janet’s Social With Video workshop so you can make the most of video in your online marketing strategy
- Read Janet’s take on how to deal with your lower reach on Facebook
Where To Listen
Subscribe below to be notified whenever we publish new content and to stay in the loop on some new podcasts and other fun stuff that’s coming up.