Did you buy the BMW of websites then park it in the driveway? Do you sit there now, watching it go nowhere? Well we’re here to tell you that it’s time to change that! Today we tackle the question of whether we, as a company even want to build websites anymore unless we can provide real marketing value and not just a “one off widget”. And we share our thoughts with you on how you may need to change your mindset about your own web presence.
In This Episode We Talk About
- Whether Facebook limits the posts you see on your newsfeed from friends and family vs brand pages (great question asked by #superfred Betty)
- What we’re adding next to the Marketing Game Changer Kit (thanks to #superfred Greg)
- Why having a website isn’t enough and may actually diminish your authority
- The importance of having a “big picture” mindset when it comes to your website
- And more about iterating and getting the most out of your web presence
Your Marketing Action Item
- From Carol Lynn: look around you right now and find something in your environment that looks interesting. Keep an open mind about what “interesting” means – even a paint splotch has character! Snap a photo of whatever you find, add a caption (describe the photo, share a thought or comment, make a joke) and post it to all your social networks. Don’t forget to add the hashtag #superfred!
- From Ralph: spend less time on email. Decide which emails are high priority and deal with those – save the rest for later. Don’t answer every email, especially if someone hasn’t asked for a reply. Only check your email twice a day so you can be more efficient. If you can, delegate the email to someone else to answer. And if it’s something you can do or answer in a few seconds (or minutes) then do it now and don’t delay!
Where To Listen
Subscribe below to be notified whenever we publish new content and to stay in the loop on some new podcasts and other fun stuff that’s coming up.