Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/forge/www.websearchsocial.com/public/wp-content/plugins/fanciest-author-box/includes/ts-fab-construct-tabs.php on line 94
Today we step into a parallel universe where we explore the world of filmmaking – which in the end is just another form of content creation. We talk with Christopher Leone, the writer, producer and director of the movie (no, the TV series) Parallels, now available on Netflix.
Yes, we talk about making movies (…or is it a TV series??) and have a whole lot of fun. But the lessons can apply to any creative project.
In This Episode We Talk About
- Why it’s getting harder every day to get your content or next big project noticed in a digital world
- Getting your project done even when you don’t have a big budget to add all the bells and whistles
- The power of a good story to compel your audience
- How to market without marketing and build a loyal and rabid fan base… just by being yourself
- The importance of doing something that you feel passionate about rather than simply cranking out content because you’re “supposed to”
- Creating something unique even if it seems like the idea has been done a million times before
- Plus we geek out over sci-fi classics like Land of the Lost, Dune, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica and confess to calling people “Sleestaks”
Links & Resources
- Find Christopher Leone on his website and learn more about his projects
- Follow Chris on Twitter @christophrleone
- Sign the Change.org petition to get more of Parallels made
- Learn more about the movie at IMDB
- Read io9’s review of the movie
- Read Geekscape’s review: “Parallels” is a Phenomenal TV Pilot, Frustrating Movie
Your Marketing Action Item
From Chris: When you start a creative project… finish it! Don’t leave it on your computer. Put it out into the world because you never know what will happen. It’s ok to abandon a project if it isn’t working but especially if you’re just starting out, finish it anyway and learn from it. Commit and get it done.
Your Fun Item
Shoot us an email or leave a comment and let us know what your favorite sci-fi movie, book and TV show are.
Where To Listen
Subscribe below to be notified whenever we publish new content and to stay in the loop on some new podcasts and other fun stuff that’s coming up.