Listen to this episode.
Have you written a book or are you perhaps still writing one? How about dreaming of writing one?
Whether it’s fiction or non-fiction, chick lit or murder mystery, business or history – you’ve got more of a challenge than just committing many thousands of words to a page. Even before you’re done writing, the challenging process of marketing and promoting that book must begin. But with all the books being published, including a plethora of self-published books, where do you start?
That’s what we tackle today with a professional in the PR and marketing industry who knows a thing or two about promoting books.
In This Episode We Talk About
- The difference between marketing and PR
- When you should be thinking about marketing and PR
- The most important thing you need to clarify before you start marketing and promoting your book
- What you should do about negative reviews
- How to pick a good PR person to help you promote your book
- The most important thing you can do to help promote your book that even a PR professional can’t do for you
- Where to start if you’re taking on promotion yourself plus some tips for getting the word out and building a super fan base
- Plus more about selling without being “icky”, the value of having a platform and what not to do on social media!
Links & Resources
- Find Meg at tandemliterary.com
- Check out one of Ralph’s favorite books and one recommended by Meg, In The Heart Of The Sea
Your Marketing Action Item
From Meg: Don’t be shy! Get out there and talk about your book. If you’re not comfortable doing that, find someone to help you. Your book won’t sell itself.
Where To Listen
Subscribe below to be notified whenever we publish new content and to stay in the loop on some new podcasts and other fun stuff that’s coming up.