Listen to this episode.
Since our last couple of Monday episodes have been a little rant-ish, we put on our thinking caps today and came up with a list of things that you, Fred, can do to improve your marketing in 2015. There are some practical “do-now” ideas and a few conceptual big-picture ones. If you want to get off center and see results from your marketing, this is for you.
In This Episode We Talk About
- Practical ways to improve your marketing, from email to ads and beyond
- A few ways to adjust your thinking and strategy so you’re focused on the right things
- A couple of dos and don’ts for everything from email to SEO to content and a whole lot more
Links & Resources
- The $5 Logo by by Sacha Greif
- What Kind of Logo Do You Get for $5? follow up by by Sacha Greif
- How To Use Email As A Better Communication Tool by Ralph M. Rivera
- Jessica Rosengard on Twitter (with thanks for sharing Sacha’s articles!)
Our List of 10(ish) Ideas
Listen to the episode for the full scoop.
- Start segmenting your email list
- Use email more efficiently
- Reach out to existing customers
- Decide your website is a function of sales and not IT
- Keep your pieces connected
- Understand your marketing from a minimally technical level
- Spend money in the right places
- Stop lamenting the days of SEO past
- Stop trying to tie dollars to tactics
- Make your marketing about people
Bonus #1: lead with your customers, not with tactics or strategies
Bonus #2: think more narrowly about advertising
Extra Bonus #1: make marketing part of your process
Extra Bonus #2: recognize that marketing doesn’t produce immediate results
Where To Listen
Subscribe below to be notified whenever we publish new content and to stay in the loop on some new podcasts and other fun stuff that’s coming up.