Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/forge/www.websearchsocial.com/public/wp-content/plugins/fanciest-author-box/includes/ts-fab-construct-tabs.php on line 94
Did you know that men are the fastest growing demographic on Pinterest? (Businesses, pay attention!)
Today we’re joined by Jeff Sieh, the manliest of Pinterest users, to talk about how to effectively use Pinterest to generate traffic to your website, plus some of the nifty things you may not have known you can do with pins.
Even if you haven’t tried Pinterest yet or don’t think your business lends itself to the platform, you may be surprised by how powerful Pinterest can be and the benefits it can provide.
In This Episode We Talk About
- Why Pinterest isn’t just for girls and wedding dresses
- How to name your boards and pins so they can be discovered on Pinterest and in Google search
- What you need to think about to optimize your pins for mobile
- Why you need a Pinterest business account (and not just a regular Pinterest account)
- What makes a good pin and how you can create visuals even if you aren’t in a visual business
- What else you can pin – because Pinterest is for more than just photos
- Plus we talk about analytics, scheduling tools, promoted pins, rich pins and plenty more!
Links & Resources
- Find Jeff at Manly Pinterest Tips where he adds testosterone, one pin at a time
- Get in on Jeff and Cynthia’s Pinterest bootcamp training
- Get in on the Visual Social Media online conference
- Learn more about Pinterest rich pins
- Check out the Tailwind app for Pinterest analytics and scheduling tools (This is Jeff’s affiliate link so if you decide to sign up, use this link and share the love!)
- Download the free Ahology Pinterest report
- Read Jeff’s article about how to take advantage of Pinterest for mobile
- Watch Cynthia Sanchez’s Oh So Pinteresting episode where Ralph discusses how to use UTM tracking code with your pins
- Get the Social Warfare plugin so you can create a Pinterest-specific sharing image
- Bookmark Dustin Stout’s “cheat sheet” that gives you dimensions for images on all of the major social networks
Your Marketing Action Item
From Jeff: Do something different. Think about how you can step outside your comfort zone and do something that you haven’t tried yet or that your competitors aren’t doing. Try a podcast, take a video, don’t be afraid if you’re the only one in your industry doing it.
From Carol Lynn: Start a “Behind the Scenes” board on Pinterest then snap a photo with your smart phone or camera of your office or surroundings. Flip your camera so you’ll have a photo with a vertical orientation – it works better for Pinterest! Then post the photo with a caption and put a human face on your business.
Where To Listen
Subscribe below to be notified whenever we publish new content and to stay in the loop on some new podcasts and other fun stuff that’s coming up.