Listen to this episode.
It’s the super special palindrome anniversary edition of the Web.Search.Social Marketing Podcast because we celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary as we record our 81st podcast episode. Our conversation covers the gamut from technology to photography, Facebook ads to retina graphics, WordPress challenges to wifi nightmares, pop tarts to tapas.
In This Episode We Talk About
- How the “do it” approach worked for us this week and how every business can learn something from it
- What a recent movie experience inadvertently taught about setting expectations for your customers
- The horrifying reality of using stock photos improperly
- The also horrifying reality of web developers who don’t properly create a “staging” site for works in progress and the unexpected, far reaching ramifications that can have for your business
- Some important considerations when it comes to “ownership” of the stock photos used on your site
- What you may need to think about in the new age of “retina displays”
- How we solved a business-crippling wifi issue with a new router technology
- Why you need much longer than 5 minutes to build a website… in spite of WordPress’s “5 minutes install” promise
- The importance of taking a holistic view of your marketing because you never know when something you do will trigger a response, even if it wasn’t what you expected
- Plus Ralph promises to come up with a new quotable phrase every 18 years, Carol Lynn is stumped on the “what did we learn” segment, we wonder, “What would Ian do?” and then decide on peanut butter and jelly and pop tarts for dinner
Ralph made some goofy movie and TV references so we decided to play the “name that show” game. You can hear them at the markers below so test your wits against his and see how many you recognize!
- Start listening around the 8:30 mark through the 9:00 mark for a movie quotable
- Listen from 11:30 through 11:45 for a TV character reference
- Listen from 15:20 through 15:45 for another TV character reference
- Listen from 30:50 through 31:05 for a silly TV quotable
Links & Resources
- Visit ContentWarfareBook.com and pick up a copy of Ryan Hanley’s new book, available in digital and hardcover
- A cnet.com review of the Best Wireless Routers of 2015
- Our new favorite WordPress theme, Salient
Your Marketing Action Item
From Ralph: Go to contentwarfarebook.com and get yourself a copy of Ryan Hanley’s new book. It will inspire you and help you do better marketing.
From Carol Lynn: Make a list of the things you want to accomplish today. Then set yourself a time limit for doing them. When the time is up, quit. Stop marketing, stop working and do something enjoyable so when you return to work you’ll be refreshed and reinvigorated.
Where To Listen
Subscribe below to be notified whenever we publish new content and to stay in the loop on some new podcasts and other fun stuff that’s coming up.